Join our team
To perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs under the guidance of a journeyman technician. Perform the duties of a mechanic involved in inspecting, repairing, fabricating, rebuilding and maintaining vehicles, light and heavy duty trucks/equipment. Perform heavy manual labor. Work special hours as required.
Duties and responsibilities
The Employee will be expected to perform the following job duties under the supervision of a journeyman Automotive Service Technician:
- Diagnose mechanical problems; often by using computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Adjust, or repair and replace parts in engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes and other equipment.
- Change, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems, including fuel, brake, steering and suspension systems, transmissions, differentials, drive axles and shafts, emission control and exhaust systems, engines and electrical, cooling and climate control systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
- Test and change repaired system to the required standards.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle conditions and future repair requirements.
- Inspect equipment, analyze trouble and plan sequence of repair operations.
- Follow safety procedures as outlined in Safety manual, insure that safety measures are followed by all staff under your supervision.
- Estimate time and materials required to perform major repairs
- Review work orders and discuss repairs with supervisor.
- Order parts and replacement equipment, parts and materials for customer vehicles.
- Draft work orders and invoices for payment, help customers with payment of invoices and with general mechanical questions.
- Registered Automotive Service Technician Trade
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Accepting applications for Apprentice Mechanics. Goose offers a training compensation program for employees completing Automotive training.
- Manual dexterity required to complete maintenance and repairs.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 50 lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to rust and other substances.
Please upload your resume, cover letter and your details to apply now. Only successful candidates will be contacted.