Join our team
The Parts Advisor will be responsible for providing consistently high levels of customer service, selling, ordering and stocking parts for a busy automotive shop.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Delivering outstanding customer service and parts knowledge and providing assistance and knowledge of automotive parts and after market parts.
- Answers inquiries and process parts orders, as well as proactively assists customers browsing in the store.
- Arrange any special delivery needs for the customer for their purchase. The Parts Sales Clerk efficiently finds ways to search parts that are not kept within the store.
- Maintain inventory and organize parts room
- Support Automotive Technicians in providing the parts required for their work
- Greet each customer in a prompt, courteous manner, let customers who are waiting in line know that they will be helped soon.
- Submit invoices online to customers
- Process returns
- Handle shipping
- Warranty registration
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ working experience with automotive parts including after market parts.
- Experience in a customer service or sales position considered an asset.
- Parts procurement experience considered an asset
- Parts person journey certification considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending.
Please upload your resume, cover letter and your details to apply now. Only successful candidates will be contacted.