Join our team
The Service Advisor will be responsible for scheduling service work in the service department and for selling recommended or required services to customers. He or she will act as the shop’s first-line customer relations and service representative. The Service Advisor is responsible for gathering and interpreting information on vehicle condition from the Service Technicians in order to advise the customer on recommended or urgently required services and communicate this information in a professional manner, explaining the benefits of services and the potential outcomes of postponing repairs. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Greet each customer in a prompt, courteous manner, let customers who are waiting in line know that they will be helped soon.
- Communicate with service customers to determine the nature of the mechanical problems.
- Secure agreement from customers before repairs; work with the shop manager and technicians to cover cost estimate; and approximate time when vehicle’s work will be completed.
- Submit invoices online to customers
- Process returns
- Handle shipping
- Warranty registration
- Time clock entering and tracking for mechanics
- Taking payment from customers when needed
- Support for Parts manager when needed
- Obtain customer and vehicle data.
- Schedule appointments.
- Advise customers on the care of their cars and the value of maintaining their vehicles.
- Keep a daily log of repair orders written, status as well as carryovers.
- Handle minor customer complaints and misunderstandings.
- Communicate the need for additional work when needed; explain the details to the customer, including the additional cost and time consideration and document properly on repair order.
- Follow up progress of each repair order during the day, contact customers by telephone regarding changes in the estimate or time promised.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding work in process and appointments and return phone messages promptly.
- Deliver vehicles to customers and answer any questions, review work performed and explain charges and coverage.
- Advise customers of parts ordered and make an appointment to have them installed before customer leaves.
- Assist the service manager and business manager as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 2-3 years’ working experience in a customer service or sales position.
- Previous mechanical knowledge is an asset.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Proven data entry, data editing and typing skills.
- Professional appearance and manners.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending.
Please upload your resume, cover letter and your details to apply now. Only successful candidates will be contacted.